It’s bare root season and now is the perfect time to advise customers on the benefits of using Vitax Q4 Rootmore Mycorrhizal Fungi when planting.
What is mycorrhizal fungi?
The key to understanding the benefits of Vitax Q4 Rootmore, is understanding what mycorrhizal fungi is and the relationship it has with a plant’s roots.
Mycorrhizal fungi live in the soil and are microorganisms that colonise roots, forming a biological link between the plant and the soil.
Effectively enlarging the root system and surface area up to 1,000 times its original size, the mycorrhizae enable the plant to access much more nutrients and water, allowing them to establish quicker, grow faster and larger. The benefits are long lasting and is ideal for bare root trees, shrubs, roses and more.
Q4 Rootmore contains a blend of mycorrhizal fungi, seaweed, humates, beneficial bacteria and biostimulants to create stronger healthier plants.
Ideal for planting out or transferring plants to new pots, customers simply add Q4 Rootmore to the bottom of the planting hole so roots are in close contact.
Which plants can benefit from using Vitax Q4 Rootmore?
Most, if not all, perennial plants, shrubs, trees, vegetables and grasses will benefit from using Vitax Q4 Rootmore.
The benefits of adding mycorrhizal at the point of planting:
- Improved nutrient uptake: when planting new trees and shrubs sometimes the soil structure is poor. The fungi will help young roots access nutrients by extending the root system, increasing the plants ability to absorb essential nutrients such as phosphorus and nitrogen.
- Enhanced drought tolerance: increased ability to absorb water, especially during root establishment.
- Bolsters defences against diseases and pests: enhances a tree or shrubs natural defence mechanism, helping survival and promoting long-term health.
- Enhanced root development: encourages the development of a more extensive and complex root system to provide better stability.
- Stress resistance: protects against challenging environmental conditions, such as contaminated or polluted soil.
- Reduction in water needs: The improved water-absorption capabilities reduce the amount of irrigation required.
- Promotion of soil health: enhances soil structure, creates stable soil aggregates, increases soil aeration and water-holding capacity to help roots thrive.
- 60g sachet
- 250g pouch
- 2.5 Kg tub