Made from 3.5kgs of recycled ropes and nets from the maritime industry, to-date the ground-breaking DuraOcean® chair from LifestyleGarden® has helped to recycle over 240,000kgs (240 tonnes) of ocean plastic. Now, contemporary trend lovers across the country will be pleased to hear that there is a new colour joining the mix – introducing the stunning mint green DuraOcean!
Whether its evoking summer days spent on the beach with cotton candy striped deck chairs or enjoying some mint choc chip gelato as you stroll around Lake Garda, mint green is full of cheerful energy and makes for a great statement colour in both interior and exterior styling.
In colour psychology, mint green evokes feelings of freshness and lightness, and has the ability to brighten any space and demonstrates surprising versatility, making it a great choice for both contemporary and traditional styles of living. The colour green also relates to being kind, generous and compassionate – something that DuraOcean® offers in bags as every chair plays a part in helping to reduce the ocean pollution crisis, which is currently seeing over eight million pieces of extremely harmful plastic reach our oceans every single day, killing huge swathes of the fish and creatures that call the ocean home.
Since its launch in 2019, DuraOcean® has set the standard for responsible material innovation and has drawn support from leading organisations including the Eden Project, one of the world’s foremost environmental and educational charities. The range has also been awarded a number of prestigious awards.
Where to buy
The all-new mint DuraOcean® – fully recyclable at the end of its lifecycle – is priced at just £299 for a two-seater bistro set which also includes a table topped with the same innovative recycled material.
Four- and six-seater sets are also available priced from £499. Shoppers can also buy a set of two chairs to add to their existing dining table set-up or to add colour to a balcony or seating area, priced at just £179 for the two.
The stunning mint green DuraOcean® – which is joined by both dark green and black designs - can be purchased from a wide range of UK garden centres, as well as via the Eden Project’s online store and exclusively via Robert Dyas on the high street.
Find out more
To find out more about DuraOcean® by LifestyleGarden® please visit www.lifestylegarden.co.uk
OCEAN PLASTIC POLLUTION – THE TERRIFYING FACTS
- More than 1 million seabirds and 100,000 marine animals die from plastic pollution every year.
- 100% of baby sea turtles have plastic in their stomachs.
- There is now 5.25 trillion macro and micro pieces of plastic in our ocean & 46,000 pieces in every square mile of ocean, weighing up to 269,000 tonnes.
- Every day around eight million pieces of plastic makes their way into our oceans.
- 88% of the sea's surface is polluted by plastic waste.
- Between 8 to 14 million tonnes enters our ocean every year.
- By 2050, the number of plastics in the sea will be higher than the number of fish.
- 1 in 3 fish caught for human consumption contains plastic.
- Plastic microbeads are estimated to be one million times more toxic than the seawater around it.