Standing still has never been an option for Apta and, as season 24 approaches, this has never been more evident. From the introduction of Apta Lightweight, a new generation of material innovation and product positioning, to exciting linked sales opportunities, exclusive ranges and new pallet deals, it has never been such an attractive proposition to stock this market favourite.
New for 2024 – Apta Lightweight
In a crowded marketplace it is important to offer something that cuts through the noise, and there is no question that Apta Lightweight ticks all the right boxes. With Apta Lightweight – launched exclusively at Glee 2023 – the AMES Companies has created something that directly responds to market and consumer needs. Apta Lightweight represents a new generation of indoor and outdoor pots; made from recycled material and recyclable again at the end of their lifespan. The range has been specifically created to fill a gap that has long existed in the planter category. Offering an improved product hierarchy, multiple user benefits including a 10-year guarantee, and a lower price point than the competition, Apta Lightweight is opening up container gardening to a much broader consumer demographic, further bolstering the brand’s position as the ‘go-to’ for all things pots!
Further expansion of Apta ranges
Whilst Apta Lightweight represents a significant development for the pots and planter category, the team hasn’t stopped there. Joining the line-up will also be five additional ranges, all exclusive to Apta. Created with one job in mind – to drive sales – the breadth and variety on offer ensures that no gaps are left, with trend-led details, finishes and shapes making the 2024 collection the best yet. All new introductions offer frost proof protection and come complete with a 10-year guarantee.
Newness at a glance:
- Look out for the new Palm design, a tactile and glossy planter that celebrates botanical design. Available in cylinder and egg shapes, and three colourways: green, grey and sage.
- Siren draws its inspiration from the mythical with a unique scale design that offers a touch of whimsy to planting schemes. Expected to be a big seller, Siren comes in ochre, grey and green, and is available in four sizes.
- Linnea egg pots join Apta’s glazed offering, and with curved lines and sea-blue colours, they are a modern twist on traditional bestselling glazed pots.
- Tamworth‘s contemporary pink, green and natural colourways create a truly modern collection. The two-tone colour combination is presented in both tall and ‘short’ egg pot. Whether consumers are looking to optimise the ‘Barbiecore’ trend or want a more reserved style of planter, Tamworth has it all.
- The all-new Layer Egg enjoys a ribbed texture that replicates ‘strata’, the name given the rippled layers found naturally in stone. Available in white, grey and a stunning soft blue option.
- Already a firm favourite amongst retailers and consumers alike, the bestselling Granito range welcomes new white and black colourways to provide even more choice, especially for those that like to let the plants do the talking. If that’s not enough, a new Granito trough has also joined the line-up. With curved edges and grey, black and white colour options, the trough is a remaking of a classic.
To further demonstrate its commitment to becoming the garden retail sectors ‘partner of choice’, Apta will also benefit from new linked-sales solutions in the year ahead. The jewel in this crown for the coming season will be the all-new Apta Horticultural Project merchandising concept. By showcasing Apta pots alongside Kelkay grits, sands and pot toppers, as well as seasonal plants, retailers can benefit from increased average basket spend, as consumer confidence is increased by the ’create the look’ concept. Launched at Glee, the market response has already earmarked it as one to watch.
Finally, the Apta team is proud to build on its comprehensive ‘pick and mix’ service that supports bestselling lines. From purchasing as individual units to mixed and half pallets, nested sets, boxed and ‘multiples’, this proven system offers greater flexibility and supports seasonal stock fluctuations.
New catalogue available now
With so much on offer from Apta in 2024, the new catalogue will become a well-thumbed tome for retailers and buying team the length and breadth of the country. To download yours please visit www.apta.co.uk/catalogue
Find out more
To stay up to date with all things Apta, including accessing the dedicated trade portal where you will find a comprehensive image library, POS guide and Product Database alongside the 2024 catalogue, please visit www.apta.co.uk. Further details about the AMES Companies by visiting www.ames-uk.com