Microgreens remain as popular as ever for a quick and easy way to add colour and flavour to any meal, all from a kitchen windowsill. Helen Clayton, Brand Manger for Johnsons commented “We have continued to see excellent sales of our microgreens seeds and seed based kits over the last few seasons. During the last year in particular, people have been looking for different ways to keep occupied and many have enjoyed growing from seed for the first time. Microgreens are perfect for new gardeners as they provide harvests quickly, without the need for outside growing spaces.”
New for 2022, Johnsons has extended their microgreens seed range, introducing eight new varieties, providing added interest and more unusual flavours.
All are ready to harvest within a month and have RRPs from £2.65 to £3.65.
- Basil Lemon has an incredible basil flavour with a fresh lemon twist.
- Basil Red is rich in colour and flavour, delicious in Mediterranean dishes.
- Chervil has a tangy and bright anise flavour, perfect for soups and salads.
- Chicory has mild, non-bitter leaves and is a great addition to salads and sandwiches.
- Mizuna Red is mildly spicy and a favourite for noodles and soups.
- Mustard Oriental produces great looking, full-flavoured spicy leaves.
- Pak Choi has tender leaves and adds interest to salads and stir-fries.
- Spinach Komatsuna is a favourite in Eastern cooking, with oriental leaves and a tangy spinach flavour.
Johnsons is offering a new style hot spot stand for the 2022 season which presents all 16 microgreens seed packets on hooks, along with space to display 36 growing kits.
Alongside packets of microgreens seeds, the range also includes the Microgreens Growing Kit (RRP £4.99) - a high quality reusable growing tray which includes three packets of seeds. Once the ‘micro leaves’ are ready, Johnsons compact Micro Snips (RRP £3.99), with spring action handles, are an easy way to harvest your crops. The Microgreens Kitchen Seed Sprouter has an RRP £11.99 and is a convenient and economical way to produce continuous crops of fresh seed sprouts such as alfalfa and mung beans, as well as the baby leaves of microgreens.
To find out more about the Johnsons range, log on at www.johnsons-trade.com or telephone 01638 554111.