The first of GIMA’s 2022 Day Conferences is scheduled for February 17th. Attendees will learn more about forthcoming changes to the Extended Producer Responsibility Regulations (EPR).
Taking place at Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire, this one-day event will look at the EPR regulation changes that are set to come into effect in 2023.
These changes will see any businesses that turn over more than £1million, or handle more than 25 tonnes of packaging annually, become responsible for the full cost of managing all packaging they place into the market.
Possible legislative changes could include the timescales for collecting and recording packaging data - which could be as soon as early this year - and also EPR fees which are likely to be payable from 2023 onwards and will also be modulated according to how much packaging is recycled.
The GIMA Extended Producer Responsibility Regulations event will feature a range of experts and contributors – all on hand to help GIMA members to comply with the new rules – and, most importantly, help members to understand how they can minimise their fees under the new scheme.
Speakers confirmed include environmental consultant and data specialists,
- Ecoveritas; one of the UK’s leading providers of environmental compliance,
- Valpak; European market leader in the creation and production of plant labels, packaging, communication and marketing services,
- Floramedia; innovative flexible packaging partners,
- Flexipol; and ‘the clever packaging people’,
- Wessex Packaging. From the supplier side, will be leading garden care suppliers,
- Evergreen Garden Care, and experts in wild bird, pet and smallholding feeds,
- Marriages Wild Bird Foods.
Find out more
Open to both members and non-members, GIMA is urging interested parties to secure their places now, as space is limited.
Tickets cost £60 per person for GIMA members (plus £30 for each additional delegate from the same organisation), and £120 per person for non-members (plus £60 for each additional delegate from the same organisation). A buffet lunch and refreshments will be available throughout the day and is included in the ticket price.
For further information regarding the forthcoming GIMA Extended Producer Responsibility Regulations Day Conference, please contact the GIMA team on (01959) 564947 or firstname.lastname@example.org