Wholesale plants and sundries supplier Provender Nurseries have appointed new roles to existing staff as a result of a company structure review.
Eight members of staff have been promoted internally in response to a review of the company workforce and as a direct response to changes made during the pandemic.
Richard McKenna said ‘We are delighted to recruit from within the company and each new job role has been filled by the right person for the right job. As the company continues to expand, we are constantly looking for enthusiastic, driven staff members to move the company forward.’
- Previous winner of Pro Landscapers 30 under 30, Alex Buckley showed exceptional aptitude during lockdown running the cash and carry on an interim basis. Alex is now the Cash and Carry Sales Manager.
- Carl Vinton is now the Assistant Nursery Manager having previously been one of the Nursery Supervisors for the last 5 years.
- Now supporting the marketing department, Rosina Green has been appointed the new role of Marketing Administrator having been supported by Provender Nurseries whilst studying NVQ Business Administrations levels 2 and 3 when she started 5 years ago.
- Tom Whitefield returned to Provender Nurseries earlier in 2021 having worked previously at Provender Nurseries for many years. Tom is in charge of irrigation across site and is currently working on the new polytunnel constructed on site for customer orders, production and isolation for biosecurity measures.
- Lewis Ward has been promoted to a new role as Yard Supervisor ensuring the sundries yard is continually well stocked and manging goods in and deliveries out for the sundries.
- Clare King originally started work on the nursery part time. Having shown a strength in dealing with paperwork relating to biosecurity and production is now helping to develop and enhance the goods in process paperwork.
Richard McKenna says’ Provender Nurseries places much time and effort into recruiting and most importantly retaining staff. Recently we held a party in the new goods in barn for all staff and their family as a thank you to all of our team that have worked so hard in the last few months during the pandemic. We continue to expand the team and continue to recruit both internally and externally.’