The Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) has announced the appointment of three new board members as non-executive directors: Jane Lawler, Lawler Associates; Vicky Nuttall, The Garden Industry Manufacturer’s Association (GIMA); and Ken White, Frosts Landscape Construction.
Jane Lawler said: “Having spent my entire career in this industry, I’ve benefited enormously from the opportunities it has to offer. So I’m especially pleased to be able to make a contribution to supporting the work of the HTA and the future development of the sector. It’s a challenging time to be joining, but very exciting largely thanks to the high profile the HTA has created for our industry.”
Vicky Nuttall said: “I’m delighted to be joining the HTA Board to continue to represent members of the retail industry’s supply chain. As well as being able to call on my own knowledge and experience in the sector, my GIMA role will also ensure the continued collaboration between both trade bodies for the mutual benefit of our respective memberships. I look forward to working closely with the HTA to help to build a stronger and more resilient industry for the future”.
Ken White said: “I am delighted to be able once again to represent the landscaping sector on the HTA board. One of the strengths of the HTA is the diversity of organisations that the association supports providing a unique perspective and overview of the horticultural sector. I look forward to working with the board and the association.”
Commenting on the appointments, Boyd Douglas-Davies, HTA President, said
“We are delighted to have Ken, Jane and Vicky join the HTA Board. They bring with them a wealth of experience and knowledge from marketing and landscaping along with supplier and manufacturer insight. This will help to strengthen the HTA offering to members, and ensure that priorities from all these industry elements are considered.”
Ken, Jane and Vicky attended their first meeting on 18 June.
At this time, Richard Pryah will be stepping down from the HTA Board, and we want to take this opportunity thank him for all of the time and support he gave during his time on the Board.
The HTA Board consists of:-
- Boyd Douglas-Davies – British Garden Centres – President
- Adam Taylor – Taylors Bulbs – Immediate Past President
- Alex Vick – HTA Senior Executive and Finance Director
- Matthew Bent – Bents Garden & Home - non-executive director
- Brian Fraser – Oakover Nurseries - non-executive director
- Simon Fraser – Ben Reid Garden Centre - non-executive director
- Bob Hewitt – Klondyke Garden Centres – non-executive director
- Jane Lawler - Lawler Associates - non-executive director
- Vicky Nuttall - The Garden Industry Manufacturer’s Association (GIMA) - non-executive director
- Sandy Shepherd – Ball Colegrave - non-executive director
- Ken White - Frosts Landscape Construction - non-executive director