The Garden Industry Manufactures Association AGM took place on the 10th April and was attended by over 60 members.
During the proceedings, the following appointments were announced:
- Vicky Nuttall, Head of Marketing atForestGardenwas voted in as GIMA President
- Steve Millington Sales Director of Bosmere Products was voted to the post of Vice President
- Richard Pyrah from Kelkay has taken on the role of Honorary Secretary
Andy Simmons of Pest Stop Products remains in the post of Honorary Treasurer.
In addition to the existing Council Members of:
- Nigel Thompson, Stewart Garden
- Sarah Oates, Strata Products
- Matt Jackson, Briers Ltd
- Rainer Schubert, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Ltd.
- Chris Ramsden, Suttons Seeds Ltd
- Richard Bence, Tenax UK Ltd.
Six new Council Members have been nominated to take on responsibilities of Council Membership representing the views of Members. They are:
- Alan Sheppard, Burgon & Ball
- Tara Truman, William Sinclair Horticulture Ltd.
- Colin Wetherley-Mein, VITAX Ltd
- Chris Holloway, Town & Country
- Rebecca Fairbairn, Westland Horticulture Ltd.
- David Carey, Mr. Fothergill’s Seeds Ltd.
In her opening address to those attending, Vicky Nuttall reminded members of the excellent value and benefits that GIMA membership brings with it. She also promised that during the coming year, in addition to existing events such as the awards, day conferences and its charity golf day, GIMA will also be adding Meet the Buyer days to their calendar of events. Finally, GIMA will ensure that the supplier’s voice continues to be heard on issues affecting the industry through lobbying and working closely with other trade associations.
The Association also reported a healthy financial position and while a small operating loss was recorded in the last financial year this occurred as the result of a bad debt. Membership fees have been frozen for another year, the fifth successive year, and a break-even financial position is budgeted for the current operating year including the successful relocation of the office facilities to the Federation inKentwhere improved member services will be achieved.
Membership of GIMA is open to all manufacturers and suppliers with aUKor European base of product to garden retailer trade operators.
For further information you can visit the GIMA website at www.gima.org.uk , contact the GIMA office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1959 564 947 and discuss how your business can gain from GIMA membership.