Members of the Garden Centre Association (GCA) yesterday (Tuesday, July 25, 2017) received awards for the Midlands region at a presentation hosted by Planters Garden Centre - Tamworth.
Webbs, Wychbold was awarded Garden Centre of the Year in the Destination Garden Centre (DGC) category and Fairways Garden Centre - Ashbourne picked up the accolade in the Garden Centre (GC) category.
Iain Wylie, Chief Executive of the GCA, said: "A great night was had by all in attendance at our third regional awards evening and the awards are testament to the dedication, hard work and effort put in by all of the garden centre teams.
"A big 'thank you' goes to Planters Garden Centre - Tamworth for hosting the shindig and to Inspector Alyson Haywood, who presented her findings on the night.
"Other awards on the night included the Dick Allen Award for Most Improved Centre, which went to Webbs, West Hagley and the Customer Service Award for Best Customer Service, which was awarded to Webbs, Wychbold."
The next regional awards meeting for South Thames, will take place at Castle Gardens in Sherborne, Dorset this evening.
The full results for the Midlands region GCA area awards are as follows for the GC and DGC categories:
- Garden Centre of the Year: Fairways Garden Centre - Ashbourne (GC) and Webbs, Wychbold (DGC)
- Customer Service Award for Best Customer Service: Webbs, Wychbold
- Environment and Community Award for Best Environmental Practice: Fairways Garden Centre - Ashbourne
- The Barton Grange Trophy for Innovation and Creativity: Fairways Garden Centre - Ashbourne
- The Dick Allen Award for Most Improved Centre: Webbs, West Hagley
- The ifse Award for Catering Excellence for Best Garden Centre Restaurant: Fairways Garden Centre - Ashbourne (GC) and Webbs, Wychbold (DGC)
- The GIMA Award for Best Garden Products Retailer: Fairways Garden Centre - Ashbourne (GC) and Webbs, Wychbold (DGC)
- Best Indoor Lifestyle Retailer: Stratford Garden Centre (GC) and Webbs, Wychbold (DGC)
- Best Outdoor Living Retailer: Stratford Garden Centre (GC) and Webbs, Wychbold (DGC)
The GCA represents nearly 200 garden centres nationwide. Through sharing information and its inspection programme the GCA helps members to achieve high standards in customer service, plant quality and reliability.
For further information, please call 01244 952170. Alternatively, please visit www.gca.org.uk, log on to www.facebook.com/pages/GardenCentreAssociation or follow the organisation on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GC_Association.