Established in the 1960s, Boningale Nurseries has grown to become one of the leading
suppliers to the British landscaping industry. From our 40-acre container site in Shropshire,
we produce and contract-grow a huge variety of Shrubs, Specimens and Trees, which is
supplemented with specialised stock from our trusted network of UK and European-based
Boningale Nurseries propagate 80% of the in-house production, producing 1 million plugs
per year, predominantly cuttings and seed production.
Due to the exciting expansion and new development of our Propagation unit we have a
vacancy for a Propagation Supervisor to join our small and friendly team based in Codsall
Wood, South Staffordshire.
You will provide support to the Propagation Manager in the day to day running of the
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop a career within the field of
- To take responsibility for the daily care of the propagation mist unit.
- To work from production plans to meet the production requirements of the business.
- To supervise a team of propagators.
- Continually improving the efficiency of the propagation processes and labour efficiency.
- To collect plant material for the propagating team in a timely manner from young stock and planted out mother stocks.
- To have good understanding of the principles and practices of Horticulture, regarding irrigation requirements, pest and disease identification, plant husbandry and the cultural care of plants within the propagation department.
- Follow plant protection programme set up the Propagation manager and apply pesticides and biological control and herbicides within the department.
- Prepare plugs for the despatch to other company sites.
- To support the Propagation manager in stock control inventory and inputting production numbers on to database.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work with a team, supervise and motivate the team.
- Ideally to have good propagation knowledge and techniques working at commercially acceptable rates, full training will be given.
- Good administration and IT skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills and self-motivated.
- Willing to learn new processes – running a seeding machine.
- Driving license is essential due to the requirement to travel between sites.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and positive attitude.
- Enthusiastic, practical, and driven with an eye for detail.
- A knowledge of P&D identification and the ability and certification to PA1 & PA6, training will be given to the right candidate.
39 hours per week, 8.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.00pm Friday.
Rota for weekend site checks will be required.
23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years’ service.
Healthcare Plan. Pension.
Please note that public transport is minimal near to our site so applicants will need to have
their own transport.
If you have the required skills and experience to join our fast-growing team here at
Boningale Ltd, please email your application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting vacancy reference 22/012.
For more information about Boningale Ltd please visit our website www.boningale.co.uk