Longacres Garden Centres are a family run company, and are the UK’s most successful garden retail outlet. We are currently recruiting at our Bagshot store for a Plant Manager and we are looking for a team player who is passionate about customer service and proud of delivering exceptional retail standards.
Longacres Garden Centres are proud to have been named Garden Retail Outlet of The Year in previous years to achieve this we focus on our staff, ensuring they’re well trained and rewarded for meeting and improving on goals.
Department: Plant (Indoor + outdoor)
Contract: Full-time, Monday- Friday with rota’d day off and alternate weekends
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Responsibilities would include but not limited to: -
- Overseeing all day-to-day operational requirements of the plant area and department;
- Planning and managing staffing levels/hours for the indoor and outdoor plant area whilst working with the partners on the needs of the business;
- Successfully merchandise products to create an inspiring indoor and outdoor shopping experience;
- Planning and delivering seasonal priority stock lines such as Christmas trees and summer bedding;
- Excellent customer service providing help and advice on plant care, planting advice etc;
- Generate ideas to support the development and efficiency of the plant area department;
- Prioritising and allocating daily tasks for all the plant team.
The successful candidate should have a Horticulture background and with at least 5 years work experience in this area, along with extensive knowledge of plants, trees and shrubs is a must.