Job Opportunity - Plant Area Manager
Job Description: Plant Area Manager
Location: Norton Garden Centre
Working Pattern: Full Time. Week 1: 4 Weekdays. Week 2: 4 Weekdays, plus Weekend
We are currently looking for an experienced Plant Area Manager, someone with high standards, a good work ethic and a good level of flexibility.
- As Plant Area Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day running of the garden centre plant department.
- You will have a sound knowledge of plants and will work closely alongside the Plant Area Assistants to share your knowledge, as well as providing direction to your team for driving sales, employee engagement, whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer experience within the Plant Department.
- Key responsibilities include managing financial controls & operations, people development, customer service.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Good communicator
- Good Team Player, driven by the desire to deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
- Flexible with working hours due to the nature of the business.
- Health and Safety Conscious
- A sound knowledge of plants and horticulture (relevant qualification or experience).
- A proven track record in successful horticultural retailing.
- A positive attitude with the ability to inspire your team and lead by example.
- Good judgement, attention to detail and discretion.
- Effective communication skills for customers, colleagues on all levels and suppliers.
- The position will require heavy lifting.
Salary and Company Benefits:
- Salary depending on experience.
- 28 days annual leave including paid Bank Holidays, pro-rata basis for part-time employees.
- Uniform and safety shoes will be provided.
- Discounted rates on food and drink in our restaurant whilst working.
- In store staff discount after 3 months.
We are an independently owned company who understand that it is the staff who make the business successful. If you would like to be part of our continued success, please complete an application form available at the garden centre tills or email your C.V to email@example.com or fill out an online application form found on our website.
Closing date 30.08.2021