(Full Time – 40 hours per week – including weekends)
We are currently seeking a full time Plant Assistant to join our horticulture team at our newly acquired Garden Centre near Harrogate.
Working in the plant area this is a high volume environment with a fast turnaround. The successful candidate should be physically fit as this is a very hands on role. A good knowledge of plants is preferred for the role as is good customer service and a high standard of visual merchandising.
You will be passionate about gardening, enjoy working outside in all weathers and be fully flexible with weekend working.
The successful candidate must have some plant knowledge and experience.
- Plant maintenance and care
- Plant watering
- Helping customers with their purchases including giving advice
- Pricing, displaying & merchandising of a variety of products
- Quality customer service.
- General daily housekeeping
Requirements of the Role:
- Must be fully flexible and able to work weekends, cover shifts and occasional late nights
- You will have a right first-time approach and a can-do attitude
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
- Work well under pressure
- Professionalism and reliability
- Good time management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a drive to succeed
- Able to work using own initiative
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits include free car parking and staff discount for our Garden Centres and Restaurants as well as the Woodthorpe Leisure Park. If you would like to join our family run business and bring your ideas and talents to our fast growing company and forward thinking team we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to:
Peter Williams, Centre Manager