Longacres Garden Centres are a family run company, and are the UK’s most successful garden retail outlet. We are currently recruiting at our Chelmsford store for a Deputy Manager and we are looking for a team player who is passionate about customer service and proud of delivering exceptional retail standards.
Longacres Garden Centres are proud to have been named Garden Retail Outlet of The Year in previous years to achieve this we focus on our staff, ensuring they’re well trained and rewarded for meeting and improving on goals.
Department: All departments within the branch
Contract: Full-time, Monday- Friday with rota’d day off and alternate weekends
Hours: 45 hours per week
Plant area responsibilities would include but not limited to: -
- Oversee all day-to-day operational requirements of the Plant Department;
- Manage stock levels and availability through ordering, merchandising and driving sales;
- Maintaining Plant quality through watering, care and maintenance;
- Generate ideas to support the development and efficiency of the Plant Department;
- Excellent Customer Service providing help and advice on plant care;
- Planning and managing the staffing levels on the department ensuring there is correct cover;
- Prioritising and delegating daily tasks to the plant team.
Deputising responsibilities would include but not limited to: -
- Deputising for the General Manager in their absence, closing the premises and communicating effectively with the department Managers and Staff throughout the day;
- Work with the General Manager to deliver the performance management process for all staff in Retail Operations including probation reviews, regular performance conversations ad addressing ad hoc people issues;
- To assist the General Manager in the recruitment and training of new staff members;
- Support the General Manager to achieve maximum sales and profit for the business.
Essential skills and qualifications: -
- Passion for and experience in a fast – paced horticultural working environment
- Proven managerial/ leadership skills
- Attention to detail