Do you love the change in seasons? Christmas? Easter? Summer? have previous experience managing a large team? Then you could be our next Seasonal Manager! Come and join this lively department where no two days are the same. You will be leading a team of 10 through all the different seasonal changes we have within store.
Our seasonal department is a large department stocking a wide range of different products from Christmas decorations through to summer garden furniture and BBQ’s, we are looking for a strong manager who is able to keep up with our fast-paced seasonal department.
Longacres Garden Centre is family-run, and the business has grown to include five stores in the South East of England. From a few employees in 1979 to over 600 employees in 2022, Longacres is a growing company with opportunities for staff to develop and learn. Our diverse team is friendly, supportive and inclusive. We value our loyal customers, high quality products and ability to offer competitive prices.
Responsibilities would include but not limited to: -
- You will manage our Seasonal team – this will include the administration of rotas, holidays and absence cover to ensure the department is sufficiently manned at all times
- You will ensure the department delivers an excellent customer experience for both instore and online customers
- You will work with the buyer to assist with seasonal changes and product planning
- You will motivate and organise the team throughout the annual product changes.
- You will Merchandise products on the sales floor to a high standard, ensuring that all the products are clearly and correctly priced and displayed safely
- Serving customers and dealing with enquiries and orders
- You will update the team with information such as promotions, new lines, deliveries and shop floor changes
- You will Implement new ideas to promote products and increase sales
- You will communicate with other departments to organise efficient stock storage, transfer and replenishment.
Department: Seasonal Department (Furniture, BBQ’s & Christmas)
Contract: Full Time
Includes Weekends: Alternate weekends with a rota’d day off each week.
Hours: 43 hours per week
If you are interested in applying for this position then please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org