We have an exciting opportunity for a Department Manager to join the Planteria team.
The responsibilities of the role are to:
- the buying of all outdoor and indoor plants
- the buying of all outside sundries products including (terracotta, aggregates, compost, Christmas related products)
- ensure the EPOS system up to date at all times
- develop the team to the highest standard
- develop and maintain excellent supplier relations
- maintain your area to the highest standard
- work closely with other departments to maximise link sales
- attend relevant trade shows to source new products and get the best terms with suppliers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent horticultural knowledge and experience
- retail management experience within a busy environment.
- excellent people skills with a proven track record of people management and team leadership.
- excellent computer and retail management system skills.
Garsons offer the following staff benefits as part of its package:
- Staff discount card.
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days rising to 31 with length of service (pro rata).
- Discounted PYO fruit and veg staff picking at designated times.
- Free parking on site.