Smart Garden Products is one of the leading suppliers of a wide range of gardening products to the garden centre industry. We have an excellent reputation for providing a wide range of best-selling products, first class customer service and new product innovation.
We are looking to strengthen our Sales Team in the South West of the UK so have a vacancy for a hard-working Area Sales Representative to manage a selection of garden centre customers. A knowledge of gardening products and/or garden centre retail is more important than sales experience although you will need to demonstrate commercial competence.
To manage a portfolio of key regional accounts to maximise sales and margin while delivering excellent customer service.
Strong sales and presentation skills; a reliable and accurate communicator; organised and attention to detail; numerate; flexible; self-starter.
- Managing a portfolio of key customer accounts.
- Building close working relationships with customers, to grow existing and new product ranges and drive higher sales volumes.
- Helping to set up displays and merchandise in-store to optimise sales.
- Working closely with the existing Sales Managers and Head Office staff
- Prospecting new customer opportunities
- Analysing competitor activity and providing feedback on product and commercial information.
- Attending customer meetings on site and at Company showrooms.
- Attending relevant trade shows
Candidates should be numerate and have excellent interpersonal and computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint. Strong attention to detail is essential.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, including your current remuneration, to Paul Knott at: P.Knott@sgpuk.com