Why David Austin Roses?
David Austin Roses Limited is a world-leading breeder of fine English Roses. A family business based in the Shropshire countryside, the company has over 200 varieties of roses to its name.
In 1961, David Austin Snr (1926-2018) introduced his first English Rose, ‘Constance Spry’. Now, nearly 60 years on, his collection of English Roses are celebrated throughout the world, winning a plethora of awards for their exceptional beauty, delicious fragrances and outstanding garden performance.
If you feel like you have the right talent to be part of the David Austin Roses family then we would love to talk to you about how we can help you build your career.
The Account Manager’s key focus is to inspire customers to ensure that David Austin Roses has the best brand representation in garden centres. The role will work closely with the garden centres to enhance best brand experience of David Austin Roses for all stakeholders.
- To build and rejuvenate relationships with the customers
- To ensure our product gains and retains the valuable place on the plant area, and looks the best it can be within the garden centre
- Grow market share from our competitors and increase our wholesale portfolio
Achieving the above through a regular schedule of visits to branches and headquarters.
Your day to day:
- Account relationship management; maintaining our current business and developing new business.
- Out on the road covering most of the UK visiting approx. 150-200 accounts, with up to 300 branches in total
- Undertaking customer visits and collating forward orders for upcoming season.
- Generate sales orders for immediate despatch.
- Delivery and forecast planning
- Managing customer expectations
- Undertaking the assessment of centres for our Partnership Plan, and deliver the Partnership Plan to these customers..
- Maintain and improve brand representation in garden centres
- Increase sales to the right customer base for the business
- Be a brand ambassador
What you bring to the team
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience within a similar role and industry.
- A sales/business development background gained within the horticulture industry, with the ability to demonstrate a proven track record in networking, building long term client relationships and winning business.
- Personable and able to build strong relationships with clients.
- Stakeholder management - ability to influence and manage at all levels of the business.
- Financially astute.
- Commercially focussed.
- Achievement orientated.
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Fearless and ready for a challenge.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to convert an idea to a commercial proposition.
- Independence, perseverance, energy and not least the ability to create preference – which will be your most important tool!