The RHS has announced its plans to safely run the 2021 RHS Chelsea Flower Show, sponsored by M&G, with many new precautions due to coronavirus to protect everyone at the Show held at the Royal Hospital, Chelsea.
For the first time in its 108* year history the Show will run for 6 days in 2021, from Tuesday 18 May to Sunday 23 May. There will also be reduced visitor numbers compared to pre-Covid Shows across the increased number of days.
Tickets will go on sale at the end of October (RHS Members 26 October, Public 30 October), which will see 140,000 visitors at the show over six days, compared to 168,500 over five days in 2019.
The RHS has consulted on its plans and believes, with the measures it is implementing, that it can operate the primarily outdoor event safely for everyone.
Other Covid safety measures that the RHS is taking include:
- Socially Distanced Queuing
- Extra Parking/park and ride
- Crowd modelling and increased circulation and space changes to spread popular areas
- Enhanced cleaning and waste disposal
- Cashless transactions where possible
- Increased monitoring to ensure safe distancing amongst visitors
- Masks in indoor areas
- Flexible ticket exchange for ticket holder experiencing symptoms
- Track and trace check-in as per the guidance during show week
There will also be a reduction of closed seated restaurants. Restaurants will be made more open with spaced seating and table service.
The RHS has consulted with its’ Nursery Representative Group about the additional day and has written to all Nurseries today to start wider consultation on the impact and measures to support the Nurseries at the Show due to the extra day.
The RHS will be announcing some of the 2021 content highlights for its RHS Shows at Malvern, Chelsea, Hampton and Tatton at the end of the month.